LS RIs Respond to COVID-19
- August 9, 2020
- Posted by: Besarta Verbovci
- Category: Blog
LS RIs aim is to help the worldwide exertion to handle the coronavirus pandemic, Life Sciences Research Infrastructures (LS RIs) are organizing COVID-19 exploration, as nitty-gritty in the activities underneath. The advantages of utilizing built up Research Infrastructures are clear: they are prepared and ready to give master exhortation and assets to meet an assortment of exploration needs. In spite of the fact that in-person visits to offices might be limited, numerous framework administrations are as yet accessible by means of far off access and, where conceivable, the expense of access will be limited or deferred.
- Translational medicine: Fast access to key services & facilitiesEATRISEATRIS’ mission is to accelerate the translation of promising scientific discoveries into benefits for patients. We focus our main activities on bridging the innovation gap between the lab and the clinic and we offer services and expertise to increase the chances of research to successfully reach patients.
The EATRIS infrastructure’s resources are therefore highly relevant for the research community in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, and include the following expertise and services:
- 2019-nCoVID challenge studies in Non-Human Primates (NHPs) under BSL3+
- Advanced preclinical models including NHPs, with advanced analytical readouts including molecular and structural imaging (including real-time imaging of lung lesions), available under BSL 3 conditions
- Immunomonitoring and virological assays
- High throughput screening supporting diagnostics, genotyping, phenotyping and drug repurposing
- Clinical isolation units
- Expertise in pharmacology and protein-drug interaction modeling
- Regulatory support, including Scientific advice procedure with the European Medicines Agency or national authorities these services are available for any researcher or research team (academic or industrial) that is developing a potential therapy, vaccine, or tool for use against the current COVID-19 pandemic, with secured funding. We can also put in touch with the right partners if you are preparing a funding proposal.